Keto Paleo Grain Free Barbecue Beef Crockpot Recipe
- Posted on January 26, 2018
- in dairy free, Dairy Free Recipes, Easy Gluten Free Meals (Grain Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free, Paleo), egg free, Gluten Free Main Meal Ideas & Tips, Gluten Free Recipes: Gluten Free, Grain Free, Soy Free, gluten-free, Grain Free Basics, grain-free, Keto, Low Carb Keto Recipes, nut free, paleo, Paleo Recipes, primal, Recipes, Uncategorized
- by GGF Gourmet
Having a party or large gathering? Doing your weekly meal prep? This pulled beef recipe is easy, delicious, and can feed a crowd!
Since I have stuck to my strict grain-free, soy-free dietary lifestyle, so much has changed for me and my clients in the way of achieving optimal health. You can read my full story here. My company also produces a line of products, geared toward keeping the recipients successful in eating this way (you can check out our line of grain/soy/dairy/refined sugar-free products here.)
One of the most important tips I can offer is to keep things as simple as possible. That means batch cooking, preparing for the week with a meal matrix, and knowing that you are striving for a goal that is unique to you and your health. (For more success tips, schedule a private coaching session with Jen!)
I love this recipe because it can easily support your success whether you are following a gluten-free, Paleo, ketogenic or low-carb lifestyle. It won’t take much time in the kitchen, so you can be freed up to do something else, OR can be the perfect dish for a social gathering when you’ve got to feed the need. I was also shocked that I could do this with a chuck roast, which keeps the cost per serving low!
The serving size depends on what you do with it. My young-adult children enjoyed this with a side of mashed potatoes, asparagus, and green beans. I skipped the potatoes and made cauli-rice instead to keep my carbs lower. If serving on grain-free sandwiches (yes, we offer a delicious grain-free bread), it will serve a lot more people. It could also be used to make stuffed peppers or spicy stuffed mushrooms. The options are endless!
If you enjoy this recipe, please leave a comment below and let us know!
-Jen of The GGF Gourmet
- 3-4 lb beef chuck roast
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TB paprika
- 2 TB chili powder (check for hidden ingredients!)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- Combine spices and garlic in a small bowl
- Rub over roast, making sure to tuck into any crevices
- Place in crockpot
- Pour beef broth over top
- Set crockpot to low setting for 6-8 hours
- Remove beef, shaking off excess juice
- Place beef in large bowl or on cutting board
- Shred beef using 2 forks
- Serve warm (place juice from crockpot on side if desired)
Although I made a barbecue sauce on the side, the beef was very tender and tasty on its own; my family liked it better without the sauce or extra juice.