Grain Free Dairy Free Paleo Cheese Ball Recipe
- Posted on June 27, 2019
- in All Recipes (Gluten|Grain|Soy Free), Blog Posts, Dairy Free Recipes (+Gluten|Grain|Soy-Free), Egg Free Recipes, Low Carb & Keto, Paleo Recipes, Uncategorized, Vegetarian Recipes
- by GGF Gourmet
I first shared this recipe at one of my grain-free Paleo cooking classes, and it was a big hit!
If you are dairy-free, it can be a challenge to replace cheese in general. It’s a big hurdle for my clients who are making the change to a clean-eating lifestyle. (Interested in having a personal coach for support, or host a cooking class? Contact Jen here).
This recipe is a great option that gives you that “cheese” texture and even taste, with absolutely no dairy!
Even more amazing is that this recipe is free of grains, soy, AND dairy, and contains no sugars! So, it fits well within multiple dietary lifestyles: gluten-free, Paleo, Keto, low-carb, etc. It’s also delicious! Those attending my cooking class were generally not following any particular dietary lifestyle, and still found it to be yummy for family gatherings and social events.
During the class, I shared that I personally didn’t get well until I removed all grains and soy from my diet. Upon doing so, I put my Hashimoto’s thyroid condition into remission, thwarted diabetes, and my entire life changed! Read my entire story here.
Although this recipe is quick and easy, you’ll need to soak the cashews overnight, so be sure to allow time for that. If you prefer a savory version to spicy, make it with our Italian dressing mix instead of the taco!
- 1 cup raw cashews; soak overnight; drained and rinsed
- 2 TB nutritional yeast (optional for “cheesy” flavor)
- 2 TB organic lemon juice
- 1/2 packet GGF Gourmet Taco Seasoning
- ¼ - ½ cup water
- •Place all ingredients except for water in a food processor
- •Pulse repeatedly to form a wet meal texture, scraping the sides of the food processor to ensure all is well combined
- •Turn the processor on; with it running, drizzle in ¼ cup of the water and process for 10-20 seconds
- •Scrape everything down again and turn the processor back on for 1-2 minutes, adding water 1 TB at a time as needed for desired texture
- •Taste and adjust processing for desired texture; add more seasoning if desired
- •Serve immediately, or refrigerate for later use