Gluten Free Grain Free Pizza – Ready in Ten Minutes!
- Posted on February 25, 2014
- in All Recipes (Gluten|Grain|Soy Free), Main Dish Recipes (Gluten/Grain/Soy/Dairy-Free; Paleo), Paleo Recipes, Uncategorized
- by GGF Gourmet
Being gluten, grain, and soy free can sometimes put the damper on convenience. Okay, let’s be honest…more like ALL the time! Preparing every single meal is cumbersome, and it’s not always practical for busy people on the go!
I’ve learned that the more “tools” I can keep as “ready ingredients,” the better…so here’s a quick and easy way to make, pack, or serve a gluten free pizza (grain free, soy free), French Bread style. Teen approved, great for college students, and for parents on the go!
Gluten Free Grain Free French Bread Pizza
Tools to have as “ready ingredients”:
- Baguette bread by Against the Grain
- Organic tomato or pizza sauce in a jar – Check the labels for hidden ingredients like soy oil, “spices,” flavorings, etc. (pictured here is my cherry tomato sauce, canned at home, but I like Del Grosso’s organic Tomato Basil available at the grocery store)
- Cheese – Mozzarella, Colby Jack, Parmesan
- Oregano, Basil (fresh or dried are great!)
- PALEO: The bread contains milk and cheese, so this won’t work as a strict Paleo option. You can top the bread with olive oil, peppers, and other veggies if you are not as strict with dairy.
- Thaw the bread in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, or in the refrigerator for a half hour
- Slice the bread in half, and then one of the halves through the middle to create two slices
- Place under the broiler for 5-6 minutes, watching carefully until the bread is slightly toasted
- Spread each half with the tomato sauce
- Sprinkle with oregano and/or basil
- Layer with cheese and other toppings as desired
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and more oregano
- Broil for another 5-6 minutes until the cheese is melted
Eat and enjoy!