Feeling ill? Try our SpecialTEA
- Posted on June 22, 2017
- in All Recipes (Gluten|Grain|Soy Free), Blog Posts, Dairy Free Recipes (+Gluten|Grain|Soy-Free), Uncategorized
- by GGF Gourmet
For over a year now, I’ve been sharing this recipe with anyone feeling under the weather*, and it’s had a pretty good track record! (*DISCLAIMER: please note, nothing on this site should be taken as medical advice. I am not a doctor. Please refer to your doctor’s advice and care for any medical situation.)
Behind every great recipe is a great story! It’s how I started my business, based on my own journey to better health (read my full story here.)
I’m part of my church’s worship band, and we have rehearsals on Saturday morning. A new family had joined us as pastors of our church, and the pastor’s wife was scheduled to lead us with her beautiful singing. While at rehearsal, we realized she had come down with something respiratory and wasn’t able to rehearse well. Sunday morning wasn’t far away, and we were all concerned for her.
A few months prior, I had felt sick for just about the first time since changing to a grain-free lifestyle (it had been years!) I began drinking this tea, and after drinking several mugs of it, I felt so much better. Within 24 hours, all of my symptoms had disappeared!
I felt compelled to share this with our new pastor’s wife after rehearsal. She too drank it all day, and was able to sing beautifully at all three of our services the very next day! She has since shared this recipe with friends and family, and I have too. It’s my go-to if I feel even just a little off.
It seems most effective if you begin drinking it as soon as you feel even a tickle, or that your body might be fighting something off. It’s worth a try, right? At the very least, it may help your symptoms subside until you can get medical attention.
HS Cocktail Recipe
- 1 bag herbal or detox tea (avoid flavored teas and CHECK the label! No natural flavors!)
- 1 teaspoon organic turmeric
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- *If bacterial in nature, add 1 tablespoon organic unrefined apple cider vinegar
- Boil water
- While water is boiling, add ingredients to mug
- Add boiling water to mug and steep for about 2 minutes
- Stir and enjoy hot; repeat all day long until symptoms subside